The Simkin/Weinberg Resident Council meets monthly to share ideas and any concerns with senior staff. Membership of the Council is open to all residents of the Saul & Claribel Simkin Centre. The function of the Council is to:
- empower residents to deal with issues of interest or concern and make constructive recommendations to management
- review and revise, as necessary, the Resident’s Bill of Rights annually
- promote communication between residents, staff and management
- provide the opportunity for residents to have input into all aspect of care and service delivery
- promote interest and friendship among residents
- advise the facilitator about how to spend money raised through resident trust accounts and other Council fundraising efforts
The Simkin/Weinberg Resident Council meet every month.