Inviting you to make a difference
Our Gratitude Overflows.
At the heart of every non-profit organization, is a group of caring individuals that dedicate their time and generosity to a cause that is close to their heart. We are blessed to have a health network of supportive donors and volunteers that go above and beyond to help us achieve our many goals at the Simkin Centre.
Your continued support makes our work possible, allowing us to give our Residents the best possible quality of life. In Hebrew, the word “Beyachad” means “together”. We are grateful and inspired by our donors and community, overwhelmed by their generosity and commitment. Thank you for being the power behind our work!
- The Saul and Claribel Simkin Centre Family Education Endowment Fund. Click here for more details This Fund was established in 2009 by the Brodovsky and Tauber Families in honour of their parents. The Fund provides one financial award to a staff member annually to help with the cost of post-secondary education for the their child or dependent. The Fund was a form of gratitude to the staff of the Simkin Centre. The Fund is administered by The Jewish Foundation of Manitoba which selects the recipient. You can also make a donation to this Fund by calling Aviva Tabac, the Fundraising Administrative Officer.
- Chai Fund. Helping to support the Simkin Centre where needs are the greatest.
- Fresh Fruit Fund. Thanks to the Fresh Fruit Fund, our Resident’s menu will include fresh fruit at least twice a week. The types of fruit offered will depend on the season and availability. This Fund provides additional financial support to the Dietary Department, enabling them to purchase fresh fruit to our Residents. Fresh fruit is also incorporated into the Therapeutic Recreation activities whenever possible.
- The Karen Binder Simcha (Joy) Fund. This Fund was established in memory of Karen (Roytenberg) Binder (z”l) by her daughter, Lori Binder. The Fund was created with deep appreciation and gratitude to every individual who touched Karen’s life. They made a tremendous impact on Karen’s life bringing a smile to her face, many laughs to her day and creating an atmosphere where she enjoyed the simple things during her 18 years as a Resident at the Simkin Centre. Funds will be available annually for Simcha (Joy) projects that bring joy to the Simkin Centre community (Residents and staff). Project ideas can be submitted here: Simcha (Joy) Fund Ideas Form
- Therapeutic Recreation. Providing activities that engage the mind, body, and imagination to help our Residents stay active and happy.
- Spiritual Care. Supporting the spiritual needs for our Residents of all faith traditions, with a special focus on Judaism. Pastoral care, end of life care, prayer, counselling, group sessions, and many other services are provided by the Spiritual Health staff members.
- End of Life Care and Comfort Care Baskets. Spiritual Health staff help families and Residents by providing a caring presence to the dying and offer prayers when requested. Families are supported in their grief both during the dying process and after death has occurred. Residents and their families are offered special comfort measures such as Comfort Care Baskets which include a CD player, music, information packages, tissues, prayer books, teas and more.
- The Saul and Claribel Simkin Centre Endowment Fund. This Fund is administered by the Jewish Foundation of Manitoba and was founded as an endowment to support the Simkin Centre. This Fund helps to support ongoing programs and services not funded by the government. Here is the link if you are interested: The Simkin Centre Endowment Fund
For more information contact the Fundraising Office at (204) 589-9027 or email@example.com