From The Blog
Outbreak Update #6
October 29, 2020
We have become aware of a 3rd Resident at the Simkin Centre who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Family members of Residents living on the affected unit will be contacted.
We appreciate this is incredibly unsettling news for our Residents and their loved ones. Please be assured that we have moved quickly to enact precautions that will prevent any further spread of illness. The care of our Residents’ health is our top priority.
To help stop the spread of illness, the following measure have been implemented:
- Residents affected are in isolation and are receiving care by staff dedicated to their needs.
- All visitations, including designated visitors, are suspended until further notice.
- We have suspended admissions to the facility.
- Staff are being screened to see if testing is required.
- All staff who are in contact with Residents will continue to wear personal protective equipment to further prevent any potential transmission between staff members and Residents.
- Communal meals and recreation activities for all Residents are being modified. Residents who are symptomatic will be isolated from other Residents and those dining together will continue to be be physically distanced from one another at meal times.
We appreciate your concern for your loved one. Our priority at this time is the care of our Residents. Please call Janet Conrad (204) 589-9014 with any inquiries you may have.
If you recently visited the facility and have questions or concerns about your own health, please contact Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257.